Frequently Asked Questions

How can I contact the Haworth Police Department?

You can call the Haworth Police Department at any time 24 hours a day – 7 days a week at (201) 384-1900. For emergencies dial 911. 
Our mailing address is: 300 Haworth Avenue, Haworth, New Jersey 07641.

Who do I call for an ambulance or the Fire Department?

The Haworth Police Department dispatches all of the Borough’s emergency services, which includes Police, Ambulance, Fire and Rescue. The number to call is (201) 384-1900. For Emergency situations simply dial 911.

How do I get a copy of a police report?

After any report is taken by a Police Officer, it goes through a number of stages before it is available for release. All reports are given a special incident number and each must be reviewed and approved by a Supervisor. As a result, we ask that you allow 7 to 10 work days before requesting a copy of a report. You may obtain copies in person at the Haworth Police Station, in writing or through discovery.

Is a motor vehicle summons the same as a ‘ticket’?

Yes, a motor vehicle summons is the same as a ‘ticket’.

How do I pay a motor vehicle summons?

If you receive a motor vehicle summons in the Borough of Haworth, you can pay it in person at the Haworth Municipal Court between the hours of 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM, or via the Internet at NJMVC Direct.

If I received a motor vehicle summons, do I have to go to court?

If you receive a motor vehicle summons in the Borough of Haworth, it may or may not be necessary for your appearance in court. At the bottom of the summons is a ‘Court Appearance Required’ Box. If this box is checked, then you must appear in court on the given date. If you cannot make this date, you MUST notify the Municipal Court.

Where do I go to apply for a Handicapped Parking Permit?
Temporary Handicapped Permits are available at the Haworth Police Department.  Application forms are available Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (excluding holidays). The person’s medical doctor must complete a portion of the application.  Permits are valid for 6 months and may be renewed for one additional six month period.  There is a fee of $4.00, payable by check made out to “N.J. Motor Vehicle Commission.”
Permanent Handicapped Parking placards and plates are issued by the N.J. Motor Vehicle Commission, and those applications are available at any DMV office or online at NJ MVC.
How do I apply for a firearms I.D. card?

All firearms matters for the Haworth Police Department are processed by our Firearms Officer.  Visit the Firearms Division for more information.